NABA-DC was founded in 1997 for the purposes of promoting the educational and professional advancement of Native American attorneys, providing community outreach and education about legal rights of Native Americans, their Communities and Tribes, and promoting the cultural heritage of Native Americans and their Communities and Tribes.
NABA-DC usually holds an annual meeting with officer elections in December or January.
2017 Governing Board
- President – Katie Klass
- President-Elect – Matt Archer-Beck
- Secretary – Francys Crevier
- Treasurer – Hunter Cox
- Bar Liaison – Rose Nimkiins Petoskey
- Intern Lunch Committee – Brendan Mysliwiec, Josh Proper, and Jake Schellinger
- Mentorship Committee – Becky Howlett and Jody TallBear
- Social Committee – Jared Hautamaki, Xavier Barraza, and Christina Kracher
- NABA-DC Community Outreach Committee – Akilah Kinnison, Venus Prince, and Lisa Meissner